About Me

My photo
Working hard. Playing Harder.

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Give More Love

Happy New Year! I had greens and black eyed peas on New Year's day. One is for dollars and one is for change. Don't even get me started on Change - it's the year for that. I'm undergoing change. I'm on job search, day 4 and I've still been really busy. I think I have post-employment stress disorder, which is fairly cool given that I'm getting a solid payout. However, I'm working to identify my safety net, and soon. Being picky about a job in an economy where 2 million jobs were lost is probably not wise, but Crazy Miss J is well...crazy.

This year, I'm giving back. As my pastor says, "it's nice to be nice." So I'm shouting out the barista at Mocha Hut on U Street. She's awesome, always nice, always witty and edgy enough to make an unemployed, over-educated person like me feel good on a bad to. I raise my soy chai (which is the butteriest chai in DC, in case you were wondering) to you, awesome barista lady!

Alright, back to working on work,

Crazy Miss J

No comments: